Education Officer Guatemala (100 %)
The Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation (PCF) is a Swiss non-profit organisation, which promotes peace-ful cohabitation worldwide by empowering the most marginalised children and adolescents. The Founda-tion seeks to provide children and youth with access to holistic quality education and to strengthen their intercultural competencies. The Pestalozzi Children’s Village in Trogen (Appenzell Outer-Rhodes) is at the heart of the Foundation and its activities in Switzerland and in twelve countries. Abroad, PCF works with local partner organisations to enable children to access quality education in primary schools, particu-larly vulnerable children.
In Guatemala, PCF works with local partner organisations to enable children to access quality education in primary schools, particularly in rural areas.
PCF Guatemala is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Education Officer 100%
The post is based in Guatemala City and open to Guatemalan Nationals only.
This position will report to the Country Representative and will be responsible for educational analyses, capacity development and strategic support to the country programme.
We are looking for a motivated, reliable and result-oriented individual, committed to learn from peers, willing to travel in the field (50%) and with excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
Starting date: February 2021 or as per agreement
- Analyses of the education sector and support to the strategic development of the Country Programme.
- Knowledge sharing and trainings to Operational Partners and other stakeholders on educa-tional contents and processes.
- Country Safeguarding Focal Point.
- Monitoring and reporting on the results of the Operational Partners and the Country Pro-gramme.
- Professional qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Education or related fields with a minimum of five years of experiences in project management across a range of project types in education and child’s right;
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s education system, policies and strategies;
- Extensive experience in Training of Trainers in child-centred approach and curriculum devel-opment;
- Knowledge and experience about Child Safeguarding, Child Protection and Child Rights;
- Knowledge on Intercultural Education is an asset;
- Proven track record of coordinating projects involving different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated understanding of programme development with practical experiences in Pro-ject Cycle Management and Result Based Management;
- Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude;
- Fluency in national language(s) and English (spoken and written).
- Very good knowledge in PC Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Personal qualifications
- Reliable, accurate and systematic;
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated;
- Be approachable and calm with good communication skills with adults and children;
- Be able to keep information confidential;
- Able and willing to learn and acquire new knowledge relevant to the function;
- Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application in pdf per e-mail, including a motivation letter in English (max.1 page), a recent CV (max. 3 pages), two recent references, work certificates, copy of diplomas and the salary expectations, no later than 22.11.2020 to the following contact person:
Finance and Administration Manager
Please state in the subject line “Application for Education Officer Guatemala”.
For further information or questions, please contact
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applica-tions received after the deadline and through means other than the address given above will not be con-sidered. All applications will be treated confidentially.
First round interviews will take place in Guatemala City as of week 49.