Education Officer Laos (100 %)
The Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation (PCF) is a Swiss non-profit organisation which promotes peaceful cohabitation worldwide by empowering the most marginalised children and adolescents. The Foundation seeks to provide children and youth with access to holistic quality education and to strengthen their intercultural competencies. The Pestalozzi Children’s Village in Trogen (Appenzell Outer-Rhodes) is at the heart of the Foundation and its activities in Switzerland and in twelve countries. Abroad, PCF works with local partner organisations to enable children to access quality education in primary schools, particularly vulnerable children.
In Laos PCF works with government and local partners to enable primary schools children to access quality education in rural areas. PCF Laos is currently working with Dongkhamxang Teacher Training College and is looking for the opportunity to expend its support in Laos in the near future.
PCF Laos is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Education Officer (100%)
The post is based in Vientiane and opened to Lao Nationals only.
This position will report to the Country Representative and will be responsible for educational analyses, capacity development and strategic support to the country programme.
We are looking for a motivated, reliable and result-oriented individual, committed to learn from peers, willing to travel in the field up to 50% or more and with excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
Starting date: September 2019 or upon agreement
Contract type: one-year renewable contract
- Analyses of the education sector and support to the strategic development of the Country Programme.
- Knowledge sharing and trainings to Operational Partners and other stakeholders on educational contents and processes.
- Monitoring and reporting on the results of the Operational Partners and the Country Programme.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related fields with a minimum of five years of experiences in project management across a range of project types in education and child’s right;
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s education system, policies and strategies;
- Extensive experience in Training of Trainers in child-centered approach and curriculum development;
- Knowledge in Child Rights, Child Protection Policies and Intercultural Education is an asset;
- Proven track record of coordinating projects involving different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated understanding of programme development with practical experiences in Project Cycle Management and Result Based Management;
- Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude;
- Fluency in national language(s) and English (spoken and written);
- Very good knowledge in PC Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Reliable, accurate and systematic;
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated;
- Able and willing to learn and acquire new knowledge relevant to the function;
- Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application in pdf per e-mail, including a motivation letter in English (max.1 page), a recent CV (max. 3 pages), two recent references, work certificates, copy of diplomas and the salary expectations, no later than 17 July 2019 to the following contact person:
Finance and Administration Manager
Please state in the subject line «Application for Education Officer Laos».
For further information or questions, please contact:
Country Representative of Laos
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline and through means other than the address given above will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.
First round interviews will take place in Vientiane in the beginning of August 2019.