Finance and Administration Officer Laos (100 %)
The Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation (PCF) is a Swiss non-profit organisation which promotes peaceful cohabitation worldwide by empowering the most marginalised children and adolescents. The Foundation seeks to provide children and youth with access to holistic quality education and to strengthen their intercultural competencies. The Pestalozzi Children’s Village in Trogen (Appenzell Outer-Rhodes) is at the heart of the Foundation and its activities in Switzerland and in twelve countries. Abroad, PCF works with local partner organisations to enable children to access quality education in primary schools, particularly vulnerable children.
In Laos PCF works with government and local partners to enable primary schools children to access quality education in rural areas. PCF Laos is currently working with Dongkhamxang Teacher Training College and is looking for the opportunity to expend its support in Laos in the near future.
PCF Laos is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Finance and Administration Officer (100 %)
The post is based in Vientiane and opened to Lao Nationals only.
This position will report to the Country Representative and will be responsible for the financial and administrative management of the country programme.
We are looking for a motivated, reliable and result-oriented individual, committed to learn from peers, willing to travel in the field and with excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
Starting date: October 2019 or as soon as possible.
Contract type: one-year renewable contract
- Financial management, accounting and reporting of the Country Office;
- Financial monitoring and controlling of PCF funded projects in the country;
- Financial training and support to PCF Operational Partners;
- Administrative management of the Country Office.
- Advanced university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields;
- A minimum of five years professional work experience in the INGO / NGO sector is a requirement with proven ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports;
- Experience in financial capacity development and monitoring of external partners;
- Strong finance and office administration skills;
- Computer literate and good experience in MS-Office package as well as computer-based financial and accounting systems and budgeting;
- Sound knowledge of laws and regulations as well as tax and social security system;
- Fluency in national language(s) and English (spoken and written);
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application in pdf per e-mail, including a motivation letter in English (max.1 page), a recent CV (max. 3 pages), two recent references, work certificates, copy of diplomas and the salary expectations, no later than 26 July 2019 to:
Finance and Administration Manager
Please state in the subject line «Application for Finance and Administration Officer Laos».
For further information or questions, please contact:
Country Representative of Laos
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted for interviews. Applications received through means other than the address given above will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Interviews will take place in Vientiane in the second half of August.