Country Representative El Salvador (100%)
The Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation (PCF) is a Swiss non-profit organisation, which promotes peaceful cohabitation worldwide by empowering the most marginalised children and adolescents. The Foundation seeks to provide children and youth with access to holistic quality education and to strengthen their intercultural competencies. The Pestalozzi Children’s Village in Trogen (Appenzell Outer-Rhodes) is at the heart of the Foundation and its activities in Switzerland and in twelve countries. Abroad, PCF works with local partner organisations to enable children to access quality education in primary schools, particularly vulnerable children. For more information, please visit https://www.pestalozzi.ch/en
PCF El Salvador is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Country Representative 100%
The post is based in San Salvador and open to Salvadorian nationals or permanent residents only.
In El Salvador, PCF works with local partner organisations to enable children to access quality education in primary schools, particularly in rural areas. This position plays a leading role in managing and developing an evolving Country Programme, identifying new projects, and representing PCF among all stakeholders in the country. The Country Representative will bear the responsibility for the management of country staff and budget.
For this challenging position, we are seeking a motivated and result-oriented individual with strong leadership, negotiation and communication skills, committed to learn and work with a team, willing to travel in the field and with excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
If you have a broad programme management experience in the field of international cooperation and development, we highly encourage you to apply.
Starting date: 15 January 2022 or as per agreement.
- Representation of PCF in El Salvador
- Strategic Development of the Country Programme in El Salvador
- Management of the Country Programme
- Oversight of Financial Management
- Management of Country Programme Staff
- Master degree in social sciences, development, education, management or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 12 years working experience in the field of development and cooperation; 4 of which should be at senior management level;
- Proven record of successful programme management experience (at least 5 years), implementation of strategic plans and experience of project development with partners in the NGO sector;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Results-Based Project Cycle Management;
- Professional background and/or working experience in basic education;
- Experience in the field of intercultural education and child rights;
- Excellent knowledge on the political context of El Salvador with proven record of building and managing effective partnerships and strategic alliances, including with senior governmental officials;
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting and efficient use of financial resources;
- Demonstrated experience in people management;
- Excellent reporting and writing skills;
- Languages: fluency in oral and written English and Spanish, knowledge of German or French would be an additional asset
- Very good knowledge in PC Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
PCF's actions are based on the principles of human and child rights. The foundation has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with its values and its commitment for protecting human and child rights, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination. PCF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. Therefore, all selected candidates undergo reference and background checks and all employees are required to sign PCF's Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application in pdf per e-mail, including a motivation letter in English (max.1 page), a recent CV (max. 3 pages), two recent references, work certificates, copy of diplomas and the salary expectations, no later than 24 October 2021, to the following contact person:
Martin Jenni, Finance and Administration Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line "Application for Country Representative El Salvador".
For further information or questions, please contact: Gisela Wattendorff, Programme Director for Central America, Email: email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline and through means other than the address given above will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.
First round interviews will take place online as of 08 November.